Billing and Payment Solutions for Insurance Companies
Solutions for a Better Customer Experience, a Competitive Advantage and Improved Financial Results
With more than 40 years in the insurance billing and premium finance industry, Imperial PFS is the largest premium finance company in North America. Our independence allows us to offer quicker, customized services to our partner insurance companies, general agents and underwriters.
Premium billing, collecting and financing with IPFS can allow carriers to receive full premium payment up front, lower administrative expenses and increase liquidity and investment income. Our creative service offerings include numerous program options designed to benefit both carriers and policyholders through multiple payment plan options and several choices for method of payment.
As your strategic partner for premium billing, collection and financing services, we will work with your IT department to program custom API integrations that talk to your policy administration systems (PAS) to gather the basic information needed for billing and financing purposes.
Fill out this form to get in touch with an IPFS Associate.
How IPFS Technology and Service Delivers Results
As the insurance industry continues to move to a digital purchase and service model, IPFS is here to help you improve efficiencies and customer experience through our technology and custom integration options. Our suite of carrier and policyholder services simplify the insurance purchase, giving peace of mind to your agents and policyholders. When your products and services are paired with our industry-leading products and services, you will have differentiated your company and made a lasting impression on your policyholder that brings them back year after year to renew their insurance.
IPFS is the industry leader in providing easy-to-use technology to assist carriers with their day-to-day business. Take your company to new levels of performance and service:
- Integrations: When you partner with IPFS, we engage our integration team to program a custom API integration bridge to your systems. Depending on which PAS you use, we will recommend API solutions that can improve your profitability, customer experience and competitive edge. These APIs push the minimum amount of data needed for billing and collection purposes from your PAS to IPFS systems. API integration development is typically of short duration and low-cost or no-cost to the carrier.
- White labeling: Create a seamless process for your policyholders with brand continuity at every step.
How it Works
When you partner with IPFS, the carrier is paid in full up front and IPFS handles all payment plan billing and collections with policyholders. Payment plan offerings are sent with policy documents to the agent and the policyholder. This gives the policyholder multiple choices for payment plans and methods of payment, including credit card and ACH.
For carriers with digital document distribution, our programs are ideally suited to take payments in a “check out” process much like internet purchases:
- The agent and/or policyholder access documents via a portal.
- The insured is given the option to pay in full or select a payment plan option:
- Pay in full: Enter payment information and complete the purchase.
- Payment plans: Select “Show me payment plans” to be taken to a menu of payment plan options. The policyholder can pick a plan and payment method that best suits their needs and all documents are electronic, including eSignature. Multiple options for down payment are offered, including Credit Card and ACH, and IPFS funds the balance.
- Carrier receives payment up front electronically for easy application.
- Policyholder makes monthly payments to IPFS.
- IPFS handles all customer service inquiries from the policyholder.
Improve Your Results
Partnering with IPFS can lower costs, grow liquidity and investment income, and improve the customer experience for your policyholders:
- Provide policyholders with flexibility to pay premiums in full or select a payment plan in one convenient portal with IPFS TotalPay™.
- Reduce demand on carrier IT resources to support in-house billing systems.
- Ease the burden of customer support by relying on our network of branches across North America.
- Enjoy faster “speed to market” of new insurance products using IPFS billing systems.
Learn How IPFS Benefits Agents and Business Owners
Benefits for Business Owners
Financing your insurance premiums gives you the flexibility to use your working capital more effectively. Freeing up capital can allow you to focus on product development, hiring new employees, marketing and other investments to grow your business.
Benefits for Insurance Agents
Premium financing with Imperial PFS offers benefits to agencies including: immediate commission collection, superior account receivable ratios, reduced billing expenses, enhanced service for your clients, increased annual income, and much more.